You have likely received your 2022 BC Property Assessment Notice, and like most of us were quite surprised by the new 2022 Taxable Value increase. I find that there are a lot of misconceptions about
How to Improve WIFI Speed in your Home
Dated: April 15 2021
These days, just about everyone relies on the internet for work, school, entertainment, shopping, networking, you name it. So, speed and connectivity have become big issues.
Ideally, you want a fast, reliable connection — consistently.
If you have a router and connect with WIFI, here are some ways to boost the signal:
• Occasionally unplug your router, wait ten seconds, and then power up again. Routers get clogged with settings, protocols, code, you name it. Resetting the router is like cleaning the pipes.
• Connect your computer directly to the router with an ethernet cord. This hard-wiring will often double or even triple internet speed. The downside is, you’re restricted by the length of the cord.
• Check that you have the best router for your internet plan. Some newer high-speed plans require better routers, but you may not have been told that when you upgraded.
• Experiment with the placement of your router. The ideal spot is often on the main floor near the centre of your home. If possible, place it in an open space away from walls and other obstructions.
• Consider using Mesh WIFI. These are little “satellite” WIFI stations that you can place throughout your home. Your main router then connects to these, creating a much stronger WIFI signal in areas that were formerly weak.
Another way to improve your home WIFI is to contact your internet service provider. They’re the experts in their system and can advise you on how to create a better signal throughout your home.
Experienced REALTOR® specializing in the Fraser Valley and Lower Mainland. My local experience and expertise, combined with the brand power and influence of Royal LePage enables me to help my clients....
Latest Blog Posts
There are numerous reasons why you might need to sell early in the year. Perhaps you even need to sell this month! Whatever your reasons, preparation is key. Make the right moves now and your sale